- Is there any ongoing maintenance required? No. Only changing the batteries as needed.
- What is your product guarantee? Within 2 year after purchase, you can return the unit to us for a full replacement if there is any manufacturing defect. You can return a unit for any reason for a full unconditional refund within 90 days of purchase.
- How easy is it to change the batteries? Really easy. Just unscrew the top cover to access the battery compartment.
- If I want to move the unit from the right side of the mast to the left side, can I do that? Yes. The FlatFork is designed to work both right-side up and upside down. Just flip the unit over and attach it to the other side of the mast. The red/yellow/green lights will work as expected. Another option is to call us and we can send you out a front label that matches what side you want to use.
- Our forklifts work outside in the rain a lot. Will this product last? Yes it will. We use ABS outer boxes, stainless steel fasteners, nickel coated magnets and UV protected and waterproof lexan labels for durability. We also seal our units with epoxy.
- I have a cold temperature warehouse, will the batteries last? The lithium batteries that are used in the “extreme conditions” model should last 1-2 years, despite the cold conditions.
- Our forklifts work in dirty, cold conditions and we wash them with high- pressure spray hoses. Which model should we use? The “Extreme Conditions” model, which has an IP55 rating for water and dust proofing, and has the option to use lithium D batteries for freezing conditions.
- How do I turn the unit on and off? You don’t. It’s motion-activated and turns on and off automatically depending on whether the forklift is being used.